International expert to support the feasibility study on the creation of a dedicated Biodiversity Monitoring Unit (BMU) for the Protected Areas of Georgia
|Organization:||CNF, Caucasus Nature Fund|
|Location:||Home based with up to three missions to Georgia|
|Submission deadline:||COB Tbilisi, Georgia (UTC/GMT +4h) on 20 July, 2018|
Summary scope of work:
- Assessment of the current situation/ongoing initiatives in regards to the biodiversity monitoring in protected areas and on national level, explore and assess different institutional models for an effective biodiversity unit including alternatives for legal status, housing, structure etc.
- Elaboration of various and detailed options for establishment of BMU considering Georgian context.
- Development of a detailed business/development plan for jointly selected model of the BMU.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in relevant field;
- Education in conservation field (biology, zoology, ecology);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in protected areas system;
- Expert knowledge of biodiversity monitoring mechanisms and practices;
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and elaborating institutional arrangements for biodiversity monitoring and/or similar processes;
- Financial planning and organizational development experience;
- Relevant knowledge of Georgia and/or post-Soviet countries.
An Application Package fulfilling instructions provided in the ToR should be send to email@example.com, citing reference number CNF/2018/CSA-GEO-052.
Information on CNF and the detailed Terms of References can be found at: CNF/2018/CSA-GEO-052
More information on the announcement can be obtained from Ms. Tamar Pataridze, CNF Project Manager Consultancies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications received for each of our positions, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.