Consultant, feasibility study for a centralized Agency for Protected Areas, Ministry of Nature Protection, Armenia
Consultant* to conduct a feasibility study on establishing a centralized Agency for Protected Areas under the Ministry of Nature Protection of the Republic of Armenia
|Organization:||CNF, Caucasus Nature Fund|
|Submission deadline:||COB Tbilisi, Georgia (UTC/GMT +4h) on 26 June 2015|
Summary scope of work:
- Review the system of PA management in Armenia: (i) financial allocations and management arrangements; (ii) implementation planning, M&E and progress reporting; (iii) SWOT analysis on current management effectiveness of the PA system.
- Analyze the legislative-institutional and operational functionality of the Agency of Protected Areas under the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia: (i) legislative framework; (ii) financial arrangements; (iii) human resources; (iv) operationality.
- Prepare the rationale on establishing the centralized Agency for Protected Areas under the Ministry of Nature Protection of the Republic of Armenia: recommendations on legal status, necessary legislative changes, institutional-administrative structure, division of responsibilities between hierarchic levels of decision making, management arrangements, technical, financial & staff resources needed for operational functioning.
- A Bachelor Degree in a discipline relevant to the current consultancy. A Master Degree will be considered as an advantage.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 7 years relevant experience with the public sector, preferably including on public financing, and institutional restructuring.
- Experience with Protected Areas and their authorities in the South Caucasus, preferably in Armenia.
- Excellent knowledge of / fluent in Armenian and English, knowledge of Russian will be considered an advantage.
A Letter of Motivation (in English and Armenian), including a summary description of proposed approach (max. 3 pages), and a Curriculum Vitae should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference number CNF/2015/AM-009.
Information on CNF and the detailed Terms of References can be found at: ToR AM-009
More information on the announcement can be obtained from Mr. Arman Vermishyan, CNF National Coordinator Armenia, at email@example.com; or Mr. Harald J.L. Leummens, CNF Project Manager Consultancies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications received for each of our positions, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Any proposal from a team of consultants or registered company will also be considered.